It has been far too long since I’ve posted, and I could give you a long list of excuses as to why I’ve been missing in action but I won’t. Last night, I made some Clean Eating Spanish Rice and thought it was too good not to share, so without further ado, salivate over this recipe.
1 and 1/2 cups brown rice (not instant)
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 chicken bouillon cube (or 1 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth)
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (if needed)
1. Saute the diced onions, and minced garlic cloves in the EVOO over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Once onion is translucent, add in the rice and saute for about 30 seconds.
3. Add in 1 and 1/2 cups of water and bouillon cube (or broth) and the tomato sauce. Bring to boil.
4. Season with garlic and onion powder, turn down to a simmer and cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
5. If after about 20 minutes, all of the juices are gone and the rice is still not cooked all the way, add in the can of diced tomatoes (or you can add this in just to add some tomato chunks, which is really delicious).
6. Allow to cook on low, covered, until the rice is completely cooked through. If you need to add more water, or more broth, do so.