My dad always used to make this dish, as soon as he thought it was cold enough for soup. I, on the other hand, can’t get enough of this dish and I seem to be making it at least once every two weeks lately. It is so yummy, and so easy to make. I always intend on making enough for leftovers, but we always end up eating all of it. My dad and I always get a kick out of sending each other pictures when we make it for dinner.
Italian Sausage Soup
Sausage links, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 cups beef broth (or 3 cups water, 2 bouillon cubes)
1 cup penne noodles
1 head broccoli, cut from stalk
Italian seasoning (or parsley, oregano, basil)
1. Heat EVOO over medium heat in medium sauce pan. Once oil is hot, add in the sausage links and cook until no longer pink.
2. Add in the onions and garlic and cook for about one minute.
3. Now add in the broth, tomatoes, broccoli, noodles, and seasoning.
4. Cook until the noodles are cooked – for about 15 minutes.
– Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed my post, please like my Facebook page, subscribe, and/or pin this to Pinterest, so you can continue reading! –
It has been quite some time since I last posted, and I have a good excuse, I promise. I have been working two jobs and taking an online class, so I’ve been super busy. The only things that I have gotten to cook are things that I’ve already blogged about! I haven’t had much time to venture out and try anything new, but today I made sure that I made time for myself. I finally broke out one of my cookbooks (QuickCook) and enjoyed a delicious pasta dish!
Pasta with broccoli and lemon
1 head of broccoli
1 tablespoon of EVOO
1 onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 white cooking wine
1 lemon, zest only
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1. Bring a pot of water to boiling and add in the broccoli and some salt. Allow to boil for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a skillet, bring some EVOO to boiling and cook the chicken. Season only with salt and pepper.
3. Remove chicken from the pan when done, and add in some more EVOO. Then add in the onion and red bell pepper. Allow to cook for about five minutes.
4. Remove broccoli from the boiling water after 10-15 minutes and drain. Add more water to the pot and cook the noodles as directed. Put the broccoli on a cutting board and cut up into very fine pieces.
5. In the pan with the onions and bell pepper, after the five minutes, add the jalapeno and the cooking wine. Allow to bubble for a few minutes.
6. Add in the lemon zest and garlic. Cook for a few more minutes.
7. Finally, add the chicken and broccoli to the onion mixture.
8. Serve on top of noodles, and top it with some Parmesan cheese.