I always tend to have too many potatoes, and need to find a way to hurry up and use them all before they sprout eyeballs. This recipe is my go-to recipe when wanting to clean out my potato stock, because it is not only delicious but pretty much goes with anything. I love eating mine just plain, my fiancee likes to eat them with ketchup, and my dad likes to eat it with salsa. Whichever way you choose to enjoy this dish, it is always yummy. I hope everyone enjoys this recipe as much as I do!
Garlic Italian Roasted Potatoes
2 large potatoes, or 4 small potatoes (or however many you want to use), chunked
1 onion, chunked
4 cloves garlic, minced
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a shallow cooking dish, spray bottom with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine chunked onion and potatoes and drizzle with EVOO.
4. Cover the potatoes evenly with minced garlic, and seasoning.
5. Use a spoon to mix the potatoes together to make sure that they are all evenly seasoned.
6. Cook in oven for about 40 minutes, stirring half way through. When a fork can easily pierce the potato, it is ready.
My dad always used to make this dish, as soon as he thought it was cold enough for soup. I, on the other hand, can’t get enough of this dish and I seem to be making it at least once every two weeks lately. It is so yummy, and so easy to make. I always intend on making enough for leftovers, but we always end up eating all of it. My dad and I always get a kick out of sending each other pictures when we make it for dinner.
Italian Sausage Soup
Sausage links, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 cups beef broth (or 3 cups water, 2 bouillon cubes)
1 cup penne noodles
1 head broccoli, cut from stalk
Italian seasoning (or parsley, oregano, basil)
1. Heat EVOO over medium heat in medium sauce pan. Once oil is hot, add in the sausage links and cook until no longer pink.
2. Add in the onions and garlic and cook for about one minute.
3. Now add in the broth, tomatoes, broccoli, noodles, and seasoning.
4. Cook until the noodles are cooked – for about 15 minutes.
– Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed my post, please like my Facebook page, subscribe, and/or pin this to Pinterest, so you can continue reading! –