I have an obsession with what I call “burrito bars.” Places like Subway, but only they serve burritos! Like Chipotle, Moe’s, Bluecoast Burrito, Flying Burrito…and I love to make my own burrito bowl at home (and it is healthier)! You can add anything to this your heart desires, and I would’ve been much happier if we had some avocados on hand to add to the mix…but we didn’t.
Clean Eating Burrito Bowl
5 pieces chicken tenderloins, cubed (or 2 chicken breasts)
1 can diced chiles
Crushed red pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Add ons (any combination of any of these, or all)
Clean Eating Spanish Rice
1. Follow instructions on how to make Clean Eating Spanish Rice.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the diced chiles, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and crushed red peppers. Mix together. After cubing the chicken, add the chicken into the bowl and mix until the seasoned mixture covers the chicken.
3. Over medium high heat, add the EVOO and garlic and allow to saute for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
5. Add the rice, beans, vegetables, and chicken to a bowl. ENJOY!