I hope everyone brought in the New Year in a safe fashion! I know today’s post has absolutely nothing to do with the typical New Year festivities, but I made this dish the other day and would like to share it with all of you! Of course, I had to give my slow cooker another round, so I made this delicious meal! This meal originally started off as sweet and sour chicken, but I wasn’t happy with the taste, so I added more to it.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stir-Fry
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tbsp ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp hoison sauce
1/2 bag frozen stir fry vegetables
1. Mix brown sugar, water, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce together in the slow cooker.
2. Place chicken in slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for about 6 hours.
4. Cook rice according to directions before eating>
5. While rice is cooking, add in the hoison sauce and stir fry vegetables. Allow to cook for about 10-15 minutes.6. Serve over rice.