When we have a family get together, no one says “well I’ll make the bread.” Someone always forgets to bring the rolls, and they are always just the plain butter rolls that you throw into the oven for 7 minutes and eat…and not to mention, these 7 minute rolls always end up forgotten, and burnt. So, this year I was determined to have good bread! I found this wonderfully easy recipe on Pinterest (by Crumbs and Chaos), and added it to my “What-I-Want-To-Make” Wednesday post. I’m happy to say, I made it! It was so delicious. My aunt was convinced that it was a copy cat Red Lobster recipe, but I will let you be the judge of that.
Mini Garlic Monkey Bread
2 (7.5 oz) cans buttermilk biscuits
6 tablespoons butter, melted
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 2 – 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. Cut each biscuit into quarters and place into a bowl.
4. Combine butter, garlic, parsley and 1/4 cup of permesan cheese. Pour over biscuits.
5. Place 3-4 pieces in each muffin tin (remember, these will expand so don’t put too many in there).
6. Sprinkle with additional permesan cheese.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden.
To keep mine warm on the way to my family’s house, I wrapped them in tin foil, placed them in a towel in a bowl. I then covered them up again with another towel. They actually stayed considerably warm for about an hour.