My dad always used to make this dish, as soon as he thought it was cold enough for soup. I, on the other hand, can’t get enough of this dish and I seem to be making it at least once every two weeks lately. It is so yummy, and so easy to make. I always intend on making enough for leftovers, but we always end up eating all of it. My dad and I always get a kick out of sending each other pictures when we make it for dinner.
Italian Sausage Soup
Sausage links, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 cups beef broth (or 3 cups water, 2 bouillon cubes)
1 cup penne noodles
1 head broccoli, cut from stalk
Italian seasoning (or parsley, oregano, basil)
1. Heat EVOO over medium heat in medium sauce pan. Once oil is hot, add in the sausage links and cook until no longer pink.
2. Add in the onions and garlic and cook for about one minute.
3. Now add in the broth, tomatoes, broccoli, noodles, and seasoning.
4. Cook until the noodles are cooked – for about 15 minutes.
– Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed my post, please like my Facebook page, subscribe, and/or pin this to Pinterest, so you can continue reading! –