When my dad first approached me with this recipe (thanks to Wal-mart’s Family Cookbook), I thought he was completely ridiculous. I’m not quite the fruit person (some reason I can’t handle the acid) and I couldn’t imagine FRUIT for dinner, but once he made it…I couldn’t get enough of it. This recipe is sweet and delicious! I hope all of you give this a try without judging it first!
Pacific Island Stir Fry
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks
1 can (11 oz.) mandarin orange sections
½ cup of water
1/3 tropical passion fruit juice concentrate (found in frozen section)
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 lb. polska kielbasa
1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Drain pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges and reserve ½ cup of the liquid. Stir the fruit liquid, water, tropical passion (allow to defrost), and corn starch and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan and add in vegetables. Cook until tender. Then add in the polska kielbasa.
- Add in ½ the juice mixture and allow to boil. Lower the heat.
- Add in the rest of the juice mixture and the orange sections (if you’d prefer your oranges to stay whole then don’t add them until the last step).
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add in the pineapple.
- Cook on top of cooked rice.