I was in the grocery store last week and I saw Greek yogurt. All of these recipes that I had pushed aside because of that ingredient all came back to me, and I bought it. Now, when I got home, I realized that I didn’t have too many things that I could pair with the Greek yogurt, but I did find one recipe that I happened to have all the ingredients for. This baked Greek Yogurt pasta is super delicious (and I’ve been kind of stuck on a pasta kick lately, if you can’t tell).
Baked Greek Yogurt Pasta
– 2 cups of your favorite pasta
– 3 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 tablespoon EVOO
– 2 chicken tenderloins, bite size pieces
– polska kielbasa
– 1/2 can of sweet corn
– zest of 1 lemon
– juice of 1 lemon
– 5 oz (3/4 cup) of Greek yogurt
– shredded cheese
– seasoned breadcrumbs
– 1/2 tomato, small chunks
1. Cook the pasta as directed and heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add the EVOO and butter into a skillet. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Then add in the chicken, and cook until no longer pink in the middle.
3. Now add in the lemon zest and the juice of the lemon. Add in the corn, Greek yogurt, and polska kielbasa. Take off heat.
4. Add the noodles into a 9 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle some cheese on top of the noodles. Then add in the yogurt mixture on top of that. Top with some more cheese and sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs.
5. Cook covered for 15 minutes and then add on the tomatoes. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
6. Serve with cheese on top of each dish.