These were my boyfriends exact thoughts when he was watching me make his chocolate chip cookies last night after we got off work. I’ve been pretty stuck in my chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I rarely stray away from it. But, while reading through blogs, I found a new chocolate chip recipe that had a crazy ingredient in it. The whole time that me and my boyfriend were making these cookies we could only thing, “oh my gosh, this is so gross” “these are never going to taste good” “why does my cookie dough smell disgusting?” I’m not lying. This cookie dough doesn’t smell appetizing. And on top of that, the ingredients look to conform a crumbly mixture, and not a cookie mixture. There aren’t enough wet ingredients in this to make it a smooth mixture.
Now, if you are brave enough, try this cookie recipe. It is the fluffiest, softest, most delicious cookie you will ever try. I swear by it. Now, you must be wondering “what in the world is it that she is putting into this cookie.”
The “What Is In This” Chocolate Chip Cookie
– 2 ¾ cups flour
– 2 sticks of butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– ½ teaspoon of baking soda
– ¾ cup sugar
– ½ cup light brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled & diced
– 1 ½ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Boil your egg by places the eggs in a pot that is full of water and bring it to a boil. After it is boiling, remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Drain the eggs and place them into an ice bath. When eggs are completely cool, peel them.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a mixer, add the flour and butter until the mixture is formed into crumbs.
4. Now add in the salt and baking soda until mixed well.
5. Add in the sugars, vanilla, and hard boiled eggs. You need to beware that this mixture will get stuck in the mixer. It is a very thick dough, but you’ll just have to work with it.
6. Add in the chocolate chips.
7. On an UNGREASED pan, add spoonfuls of rolled dough. (Make sure you roll them into little balls, and push the tops of them down so they will be more of a round cookie than a ball cookie).
8. Cook in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Just remember to use the last rule I told you when making a cookie – remove the cookie from the oven, as soon as the bottom is hard enough to be picked up with a spatula.
9. Cool on a baking rack.
——Do you have any foods that you add a crazy ingredient in, and it actually works?——