There is something comforting about biting into yummy, crusted chicken. It gives the texture of fried food, but you get the pleasure of knowing that it isn’t lathered in grease and dipped in fat. I needed to cook something quickly yesterday before work (my training for my second job started) and I still wanted to have some fresh vegetables. Without anymore explanation, here is the recipe that I created yesterday in a hurry.
Crusted Chicken Pasta with Veggies
– thin whole wheat spaghetti noodles
– 3 chicken tenderloin
– 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
– 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, Italian style (or some crushed saltines crackers)
– 1 egg, beaten
– 3 asparagus spears, small pieces
– 1/3 cup of onion, sliced
– 3 cloves of garlic, diced
– 1 can crushed tomatoes
– crushed red pepper
– Italian seasoning
1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Dip each tenderloin into the beaten egg, and then roll it around in the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Heat EVOO over medium-heat and add in the chicken. You might need to add in some more EVOO as it is cooking, so the crust won’t burn.
4. Once chicken is done cooking, remove from pan and add in some more EVOO and 1/3 of the garlic. Saute the onion and asparagus, until onion becomes slightly tender. Add in the tomatoes and the rest of the garlic. Season with crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning.
5. Serve the tomato sauce on top of noodles and the chicken pieces on top. Serve with shredded permesan cheese on top.
——When having a busy day, do you find time to cook for yourself?——