After a not-so-successful day of preparing for finals and a successful job interview, I did not feel like cooking anything extravagant. Especially because there was no one here to enjoy the meal with me. I can’t even believe the words “I did not feel like cooking” came out of my mouth, but they did. I did, in fact, feel like blogging though, so I just had to make something. Tonight I kind of went through our cabinets and refrigerator and made a pasta dish with the leftover Velveeta from the Chicken Enchiladas last night.
Pasta & Velveeta
1 cup penne noodles
1/4 lb. of Polska Kielbasa, cut lengthwise and then into small pieces
1 yellow pepper (or any other color you choose), chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1/4 lb. of Velveeta
1/4 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of butter
Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a pan and allow to heat up. Once heated up, add the minced garlic. Stir it around for 30 seconds and then add in the yellow pepper and onion. Season with crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Allow vegetables to cook until the onion is tender and no longer has a bite to it. Then add in the polska kielbasa. Lower the heat.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and use the pan that it was cooked in to make the cheese sauce. Add the butter, Velveeta, and milk. Then cook over medium-high heat, constantly stirring. Once the cheese is completely melted, add to the vegetable mixture.
- Then add the noodles with the cheese and vegetables, and then turn heat off. Once heat is off, add in the tomatoes. This dish is much better if you keep the tomatoes not-cooked.
——What is your go-to dish when you don’t feel like cooking?——
I’m beginning to feel like there is no one out there! So give me some feedback if you are reading this! Even if you didn’t like what you read. Just let me know someone is there. 🙂